The Medical Care SIG welcomes all health professionals interested in the medical care of individuals with an eating disorder. The purpose of our SIG is to improve medical knowledge of eating disorder complications and treatment, and to improve clinical practice at every level of care.
- Tammy Maginot
- Nicole Cifra
- Enhance collaboration between medical clinicians working at different levels of specialized eating disorders care
- Facilitate education of non-specialists involved in eating disorders treatment, such as general medical clinicians and hospitalists
- Support communication among SIG members, and with others involved in the treatment of individuals with eating disorders
- Develop educational opportunities, including conference panels and workshops related to our goals
- Provide a venue for the discussion of research related to the medical stabilization and treatment of those with an eating disorder