AED annually awards up to five (5) scholarships to defray the costs of travel and hotel accommodations for recipients to attend an in-person International Conference on Eating Disorders (ICED). Scholarship funds will be distributed to awardees at least 90 days prior to the first day of the conference.
If the ICED is a fully-virtual event with no in-person attendance options, awardees will only receive complimentary registration to the conference, including any optional sessions or options which require payment.
The Clinician Scholarship Program allows recipients to gain new knowledge and skills in the field of eating disorders, and share this knowledge and experience with their respective communities. The AED clinician scholarship program helps defray ICED costs for clinicians and educators who otherwise might not be able to afford conference fees. Scholarships are made possible by the generous donations of those who contributed to the AED Scholarship Fund.
- Applicants must be a current AED member, or a completed membership application must accompany the scholarship application materials.
- Applicants must work or study in a clinical environment.
- Preference will be given to members early in their careers, those from underrepresented groups, and those who are working in developing areas.
- Individuals who have received this award more than once, or in the prior year are not eligible.
- Although individuals who have received this award once are eligible, preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a clinical scholarship.
- Personal Statement: In 500 words or less, tell us about yourself, your interests and your current work in eating disorders, and including a description of the community in which they practice and their goals for attending the conference. A detailed and specific plan for dissemination of the knowledge/skills gained at the conference is also required. Candidates are also asked to highlight any special or unusual circumstances that they would like considered in evaluating their application.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include a current curriculum vitae with all academic degrees, appointments, employment history, teaching activities, community activities, references for any publications, or presentations at scientific meetings.
- Letters of Recommendation: Please include two (2) letters of recommendation from professional associates.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AED Awards and Scientific Review Committee.
- All applicants will be notified of the results as quickly as possible after the call closes.
Back to Top