SCHOLARSHIP FOR PEOPLE FROM LOW INCOME COUNTRIES
AED annually awards up to five (5) travel and registration scholarships limited to people from countries defined below to attend in-person International Conference on Eating Disorders (ICED). Scholarship funds will be distributed to awardees at least 90 days prior to the first day of the conference.
If the ICED is a fully-virtual event with no in-person attendance options, awardees will only receive complimentary registration to the conference, including any optional sessions or options which require payment.
- Applicants must be from a country classified as Low/Lower Middle/Upper Middle Income by the World Bank, or from a country underrepresented in AED.
- Please note that AED membership is NOT required for this award.
- Individuals who have received this scholarship more than once, or in the prior year are not eligible.
Call for Application Dates :
- Applications will be accepted 1 - 30 November 2021.
- Personal Statement: In two pages or less, please tell us about yourself, including your professional interests and your current work in eating disorders. In addition, please describe the financial or political situation in your country that makes it difficult to travel to the annual conference, and please describe a clear plan for how you are planning to disseminate knowledge/skills learned at the conference.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include all academic degrees, appointments/employment history, teaching activities, community activities, and references for any publications or presentations at scientific meetings.
- Letters of Recommendation: Please arrange for two (2) letters from professional associates that address your suitability for this award.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AED Awards and Scientific Review Committee
- All applicants will be notified of the results as soon as possible after the call closes.
Back to Top